If you got through the first post congratulations and welcome to my blog!
Who are you?
I'll introduce myself for those of you reading this who don't know me already.
I'm 28 years old. I live in Brooklyn, NY. I am currently unemployed and single.(Obvious from the last post.) I live in a house with four other people,a dog,and four,(yes four!)freaking cats. The other people are my parents and my younger brother and sister. I enjoy a variety of things such as reading, traveling, music, art, plays, psychology, philosophy, spirituality, nature, food, people, etc and so forth.
What is the purpose of the blog and what is with the title?
I'll start with the title because it leads to the purpose. About two years ago I had an idea for a book with the title "Enlightenment in 30 Years or Less". My idea for the book, a novel, was that the protagonist was trying to figure out what would make her life worth living. She wants a career,a boyfriend, meaning. Kind of like Bridget Jones's Diary, except younger,without the British accent,and a dash of spirituality thrown in the mix. It's a little tongue in cheek since the title character is approaching 30 and her life is a mess. Of course,it's a comedy. You know like chick lit. I never wrote the book. I never even attempted to write it. It was just an idea in my head, but than it occurred to me,wait that's me! I may even be more absurd than the Bridget Jones character.(Love that movie, by the way; one of my favorites.)
On Saturday night (see last post) I was feeling really upset and I just decided to start typing. I always had a vague notation to be a writer and it seems like writing a blog is probably easier then writing a book. Maybe it'll lead to that at some point in time, but for now I'll try this blog to work on my writing skills and figure out if I have an iota of talent.
OK. So what is enlightenment exactly? (Maybe you already know, but I think it's best to outline the perimeters of what I'm talking about).
The online Merriam-Webster dictionary defines Enlightenment as the act or means of enlightening : the state of being enlightened.
Uh,yeah that's helpful.
Enlighten means to give revealing or broadening knowledge to: cause to know. Or an alternate definition is to give spiritual insight to.
Okay cool, but what is the purpose of this blog? You missed that part.
The main purpose will be to entertain. It will be the story of my journey to enlightenment in 30 years or less.(Right now I bet you're thinking,"Oh wow isn't that the title of the blog-that is genius!") I'm not sure of the topics I'm going to cover yet, but they will probably pertain to things I like, stuff I'm going though, or emotions. Maybe you will learn something, but don't count on that since I'm trained in nothing.
Why on earth should I read this blog? Why don't you just write in your diary?
I have kept a diary pretty regularly for ten years. I never thought of myself as a "blog" person. I might even do a vlog at some point, if I figure out how to record and upload a video. But keep in mind I just figured out how to blog so don't hold your breathe on that one. As to why you should read this blog, well you shouldn't, unless you think I'm witty or you want to be enlightened. Or you're bored.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment