I had a dream last night about my teeth falling out. I used to have that dream all the time, but I haven't for a long while. I always had reoccurring dreams about my teeth falling out and ones about tidal waves overpowering me. This one was slightly different though because my teeth were huge and really gross. Super disgusting. In the dream I was looking in the bathroom mirror and without really touching them my front teeth just start falling out one by one.
I don't know if you ever have bad dreams, but the millisecond after you wake up is the worst part because you believe for a moment that what happened is real. Actually, come to think of it waking up from a good dream is almost as bad; only it's the converse, you really wanted the dream to be true. Anyhow,I think the dream is about feeling powerless, no forget that, I know that's what the dream represents. I'm surprised I didn't have that dream sooner come to think of it.
The dream illustrates the reason I haven't been blogging. I have not been in a good emotional space and although the first few entries weren't exactly upbeat, I didn't want to keep being negative in every post or falsely happy either. I want it to be real, but I have found that being negative hasn't worked. Not for me. New ideas can't really be generated from a space of discontentment. Actually that isn't true either is it? Some of the greatest songs and best works of literature are about struggle or pain. A lot of artists, writers, musicians, and leaders in history have had mental illness. Sometimes the best things have come from people who are going through rough periods in their lives or have come through them. People can use their own experiences and pain to inspire others. Life isn't that black or white all the time. Good or bad.
In reality I know I'm powerful,not powerless. I just have to bring that into illumination. One step at a time.
From today on I will blog everyday. And I'm also going to buy some teeth whitening strips.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment